Suspensions of Google Ads accounts can occur for a myriad of reasons, often leaving users puzzled and worried. However, it’s essential not to panic—suspension doesn’t necessarily equate to permanent disbarment. You can rectify the situation and get your account reinstated 🔄.
To demystify this somewhat daunting process, let’s walk through the main reasons behind suspensions and the effective steps you can take to resolve them.
Why Might Your Google Ads Account Be Suspended? 🚫
- Unauthorised Access: Google is vigilant about account security. If it detects unusual login activity, such as unfamiliar locations, it might temporarily suspend your account to prevent potential harm.
- Billing Issues: Unpaid balances or suspicious digital transactions can trigger a suspension. Similarly, if Google identifies potential misuse of promotional codes or a high number of chargebacks, your account may be put on hold.
- Website Security: Google aims to maintain a safe browsing environment. If your website harbours malware or suspicious scripts, your Google Ads account will be suspended until the issue is resolved.
- Policy Violations: Violating Google Ads policies can lead to account suspension. Examples of violations include selling unauthorised goods, misleading advertising, misrepresentation of products or services, or violation of local laws.
- Account Requirements and Multiple Accounts: Google restricts users under 13 from creating a Google Ads account. Additionally, having multiple Google Ads accounts with the same billing details is against Google’s policies.
- Violation of Google Ads Grant Policy: Non-profit organisations should be careful not to violate any of the grant policies.
When suspending your account, Google typically sends an email providing a hint as to why your account has been suspended. Review this carefully.
How Can You Unsuspend Your Google Ads Account? ✅
- Contact Google: On your account page, click the question mark in the top right-hand corner to contact Google support. They will usually provide guidance about the suspension and subsequent steps.
- Reach Out to a Google Certified Partner: Google Certified Partners, like myself, have account managers who can lend insight and assistance in getting to the root of the issue.
- Fill Out a Suspension Appeal Form: Google provides a form where you can appeal your account suspension. While they may not respond immediately, you should receive some feedback within 24 to 48 hours.
- Check Your Emails: Before you reach out to anyone, review your emails for communication from Google and consider whether you may have unintentionally violated any of the rules mentioned above.
Your Go-to Google Ads Support 🎯
Whether you’re tackling a suspended account or simply looking to enhance your Google Ads performance, professional guidance can be invaluable. If you need assistance with your Google Ads, or if you’re interested in a Free Google Ads Audit, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You can also call us at 07866 555 555. With expertise and dedication, we can help you navigate Google Ads with ease and effectiveness.
Take the first step towards reviving your Google Ads account and boosting your business’s online visibility today. Don’t forget to ask for your FREE Google Ads Checklist! 🎁